This is our spam / virus filter update for customers on the mx1 / mx2.tnpw.net filtering cluster. The information is brought to you by our vendor, SpamExperts.
What’s new this week:
Quarantine retrieval / release via the API:
We’ve recently added the ability to retrieve and release messages via the software API. It’s likely that you are already using the API, e.g. to get a list of messages in the quarantine matching certain criteria, and so retrieving or releasing messages via the API should be much simpler than also having to manage doing this via an IMAP connection.
This also allows you to build your integration with tighter security controls, as you can create a dedicated API user that only has access to the specific required functionality, rather than having to use the admin IMAP credentials
Updated reputation system:
We have updated the SpamExperts IP/URL reputation system with this release, to make more efficient use of our centrally produced intelligence data. This will not only further improve the filtering quality, it will also ensure that any reported false negatives/positives are processed more quickly to ensure optimal spam and virus filtering for your clients.
- It is now possible to retrieve and release messages from quarantine via the API (#21713)
- It is now possible to use the value “default” when setting the default value, which will change the default back to the value used when installing the cluster (#5100)
- Default values may now be used with api_set_maximum_messages_per_connection (#18614)
Front-end / GUI:
- Resolved issue with Overview returning a blank page in Internet Explorer (#24196)
- Add retry time as an action for log search results (#21935)
- Resolved issue with Add Domain page not showing correctly (#24251)
- Resolved issue with not being able to remove the `&` character in restricted local parts via the interface (#23860)
- Resolved issue with “Authentication failed” error when trying to view / release quarantined messages (#24235)
- Resolved issue with Manage Administrators page not loading list of administrators when French language is used (#24271)
- Changed the way Outgoing Reports is showing to make it more clear (#24227)
- Resolved issue Overview search field not searching for the following format `.net` (#24313)
- Resolved issue with api/admin/add/username failing to add uppercase usernames (#24351)
- Resolved issue with domain unbinding from an admin account (#24308)
- Resolved issue with admin contact email address not being added correctly (#24361)
- The SpanPanel API ‘/api/admin/transferdomains/’ requires accepting the domain before it is assigned to the new admin (#24304)
Plugins & Integration tools:
- cPanel: It is now possible to enable / disable reseller access in cPanel plugin (#19245)
- cPanel: Resolved issue with cPanel terminate account not removing addon domains (#24079)
- cPanel: Resolved issue with cPanel not displaying domains and returning the error: “There are no domains on this server” (#24325)
- Plesk: Resolved issue with Toggle Protection not adding the correct route (#24286)
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Interested? Click here to contact us for a free consultation →