You have a private web site for management purposes, and you want to limit access to it by IP address.
- Open the IIS management MMC.
- In the left hand treeview, drill down to the website in question.
- The main window of the IIS7 MMC will now display all the familiar management icons.
- Under the ‘IIS’ group you will find one named ‘IP Address and Domain Restrictions’.
- Open this and you will see an empty list.
- Step one here is to select ‘Edit Feature Settings’ From the right-hand menu and select the ‘Deny’ option. (this block all -undefined- IP ranges)
- Step two will be to ‘Add Allow Entry’ for your defined remote user’s IP range.