New Available Build Notification (76354)
This is our spam / virus filter update for customers on the mx1 / mx2.tnpw.net filtering cluster. The information is brought to you by our vendor, Spam Experts.
Admins are now called “super admins”, and Resellers are now called “admins”:
With the introduction of sub-resellers recently, and the launch of our Reseller business model, we’ve decided to change the “reseller” naming in our control panel. As we’re exposing more and more features at the old “reseller” level, that were formerly only accessible to the administrator on the Local Cloud, the following name changes will take effect as of this update:
“administrators” become “super administrators”
“resellers” becomes “administrators”
“sub-resellers” become “sub-administrators”
“sub-administrators” can have “sub-administrators”
Nothing will change in terms of functionality. We’re just improving the naming, so there is no confusion with the “reseller” business model. At the same time we are working on exposing as many “administrators” features as possible at all levels.
Manually locking an outgoing user ‘identity’:
If you have configured your outgoing filtering to identify end users (e.g. via a header or the envelope sender), then you can now use the api_lock_outgoing_identity() and api_unlock_outgoing_identity() Software API calls to manually lock a specific “identity” from being able to send more outgoing messages. For example, you may already be receiving one of the reports we offer indicating which of these users are attempting to send out spam, or perhaps you’re getting that information from a log search in the web interface/API or by processing the automatic ARF reports. You can now immediately act on this information by locking the problematic identity (either automatically by hooking in the API call into your systems, or manually), so that they aren’t able to do any more damage while you contact them to resolve the problem.
We are working on adding in the full automated locking system at the ‘identity’ (end user) level, as well as other improvements around this area and in providing even more information about which of your users are causing the most problems. However, this should be a very useful first step if you have been unable to block the users with the existing functionality.
Email user level sender whitelist and blacklist:
Although it has always been possible to whitelist or blacklist a specific sender for all recipients at a domain, it’s sometimes useful to be able to do this whitelisting or blacklisting only for specific recipients (e.g. only for [email protected]), and this is something that end users are often interested in doing. We have added the ability to create such whitelists and blacklists at the end-user level, this is available directly from the Software API now. We will be adding this functionality to the web interface as well in a future update. Please note that it’s generally not recommended to overrule the automatic filters with such custom whitelists, as spam may be received when spammers spoof the sender address and match a whitelisted entry.
- Added whitelist or blacklist sender API at the incoming email address level, not just the domain level (#22073)
- The api_count_messages() and api_count_outgoing_messages() API calls now support sorting and pagination when the “group by” option is used (#22270)
- Resolved issue with the number of running / sleeping processes shown for each server with the status call (#22503)
- A new API method, api_add_delivery_domain() has been added, which works like api_add_incoming_domain but has JSON arguments and response for easier integration into upstream systems
- Resolved issue with incorrect Message-ID key returned when using api_find_messages and api_find_outgoing_messages were used with format=JSON (#22611)
Front-end / GUI:
- Resolved issue with message retrieval in Outgoing Delivery Queue page when searching for recipient (#22561)
- Resolved issue with editing outgoing limits when limits are enabled (#22610)
- Resolved on screen error when clicking “Manage permissions” option at domain level (#22593)
- Adjusted SpamPanel API & calls to show instead of (#22617)
- Removed “sort_field” when calling api_count_messages (#22424)
- Resolved issue with archiving product status incorrectly reflected in the archiving options (#22317)
- Added if the ‘activate for all domains’ setting is off (#22360)
- Increased HSTS timeout to 180 days (#22410)
- Resolved CSRF issues on certain pages that had the error (#22455)
- Provide the message date when retrieving a message (#21583)
- New SpamPanel API call to wipe reseller data (#21991)
- New SpamPanel API call to get archiving disk space usage for a reseller (#21993)
- Added a notification before sub-admin deletion (#22117)
- Add option to specify individual domain results in ‘/api/user/list/role/email/format/json’ (#20852)
- Change to and to (#21443)
Plugins & Integration tools:
- cPanel: Added option to enable/disable add-on per-package (#8038)
- cPanel: Resolved issue with SpamExperts Icon is missing in X3 theme (#22354)
- cPanel: Resolved issue with GTLD MX records (#22608)
- cPanel: Resolved issue with error notice (#22352)
- Plesk: Resolved issue with GTLD MX records (#22608)
- Plesk: Resolved issue with error notice (#22352)
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.